Just a day in Kuala Lumpur hasn’t given us enough time to wonder around. Nevertheless, we stumbled upon this lonely figure while walking along Jalan Raja Chulan.
There was a block of abandoned half-ruined buildings, basically, just outer shells of former glory. The stencil was hidden from the street by a side wall, so we almost passed it without noticing.
From my research, the street art scene exists in Kuala Lumpur, but, perhaps is not as abundant as in, let’s say, Spain or South America:
- Graffiti has been negatively perceived as an act of vandalism for a long time in Malaysia – Arman Shah’s quest for street art in Kuala Lumpur brings him down to the iconic Klang River.
- Graffiti Street Art along Klang River
- Graffiti Street Art @ Kuala Lumpur Storm Drains
- Whimsical New Murals by Ernest Zacharevic Play with Their Surroundings on the Streets of Malaysia
- Giant village mural in KL by Ernest Zacharevic
- Street Art Malaysia Community on Facebook