One of the favorite dishes of my childhood: sautéed chanterelles with bacon and potatoes.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- Generous portion of bacon (5-6 slices) chopped into small pieces
- 2 medium size potatoes cubed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 0.5 to 1lb chanterelle mushrooms (depending on how much you like mushrooms) coarsely sliced, so you can clearly see that they are still mushrooms
- Salt to taste (the amount of salt depends on how salty the bacon is)
- Heat a large frying pan with a little bit of olive oil.
- Add bacon. Cook bacon until it begins to turn golden brown.
- Add onions and potatoes. Sauté them for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms. Mix and sauté for another 5-7 minutes.
Wash chanterelles as little as possible. Clean and trim them very carefully to keep their texture intact.